- Infos im HLRS Wiki sind nicht rechtsverbindlich und ohne Gewähr -
Access and usage models
Please find more information in the online documentation of your selected system.
Access to the HLRS compute servers is possible using following methods
- Interactive access using ssh - other protocols like telnet, rsh ... are not supported.
- High performance data transfer using GridFTP
The frontend/login nodes are behind a firewall. Access and file transfer is only possible for registered IP addresses. If your IP address changes regularly or you have to work from different locations, please use our VPN service.
How to get an account
- For academic users please visit Research Access
- For industrial users: please get in touch with email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
In general three types of jobs are supported
- Interactive This jobs are intended for small tests and development tasks like debugging. Resources, like number of nodes, memory, cpu-time are very limited for this type of jobs.
- Batch Jobs This type of jobs is used for production runs
- Heterogenous Jobs This special type of batch jobs utilizes multiple type of execution nodes within a job. For example graphic nodes and cluster nodes.
The user HOME space is limited in terms of size and performance. Computational jobs run inside a Work_space. This Work_space is for active projects only and has a limited life time. If a project gets inactive for some reason, the user has to save its data to an archive system e.g. High Performance Storage System (HPSS).
to provide users with important information about HWW systems like announcements, problems, emergency maintenance, a mailinglist has been established: