- Infos im HLRS Wiki sind nicht rechtsverbindlich und ohne Gewähr -
IBM's General Parallel File System (GPFS) provides file system services to parallel and serial applications. It's a very fast and large file system which will be shared on following HWW hosts:
- cacau frontend and all cacau compute nodes
- phoenix frontend and all strider compute nodes
- volvox frontend and all volvox compute nodes
- ia64 frontend and all ia64 compute nodes
The file system uses the fast infiniband network infrastructure. The peak performance is about 800 MB/sec. A single infiniband node has a performance of about 200 MB/sec. The capacity of this gpfs is 15 TB. A user has access from the listed nodes above only by using the workspace mechanism. The allocated workspaces will be shared by the nodes listed above. So the user has a fast access to the same workspaces from different PC clusters.
At the moment only some user groups have the permission to use the GPFS file system. To get a permission please ask the system administrators.