- Infos im HLRS Wiki sind nicht rechtsverbindlich und ohne Gewähr -
If your job does not start, please have in mind the time-dependent limitations according to Batch System!
Hawk is the next generation HPC system at HLRS. It will replace the existing HazelHen system. The installation is planed to take place in Q4 2019. For more detailed information see the Hawk installation schedule.
This Page is under construction!
The information below applies to the Test and Development System (TDS) which is similar to the future Hawk production system. Please have in mind that this is a system under construction. Hence modifications might occur without announcement and stuff may not work as expected from time to time!
- Software Optimization Guide for AMD EPYC Rome Processors
- Open-Source Register Reference for AMD EPYC Rome Processors (especially documenting available hardware performance counters)
- Compiler Usage Guidelines for AMD64 Platforms
- Software Optimization Guide for AMD Family 15h
- Software Optimization Guide for AMD Family 17h (Zen & Zen2) Processors
In order to use the MPI implementation provided by HPE, please load the Message Passing Toolkit (MPT) module mpt (not ABI-compatible to other MPI implementations) or hmpt (ABI-compatible to MPICH-derivatives). For detailed information see the HPE Message Passing Interface (MPI) User Guide. Furthermore, please us the compiler wrappers mpif77 / mpif90 / mpif08 / mpicc / mpicxx.
Home directories as well as workspaces are handled in the same way as on Hazel Hen, so please cf. Storage Description regarding details.
Best Practises for Software Installation
Best practices for software installation on Hawk is described on a separate (internal) wiki page Software Installation on Hawk.